Purpose of the Function:
To co-ordinate the company’s internal / external communication strategy and campaigns.
- Diploma or degree in media, communications, public relations or similar.
- Registration with PRISA highly advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 4-5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Computer literacy.
- Previous experience mentoring and training subordinates in a culturally diverse environment.
- Only candidates residing in South Africa with South African citizenship will be considered.
Communication Champion and Brand Content expert for Company:
- Developing and maintaining strong internal and external communications
- Develop a media strategy, publication, communication and production plan for the year in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Develop regular articles and media releases
- Undertake copywriting of and managing production of existing and new brochures
- Monitoring of media, analysis, research and preparation of responses
- Develop communication policies and processes
- Producing editorial plans and publications
- Providing support for press conferences and media meetings
- Communications and PR support
- Drafting of speeches and reports
- Planning and coordinating of events and functions
- Training and mentoring subordinates
- Plan stakeholder road-shows (include Honorary officers)
- Deliver projects on spec and on budget
- Research other possible channels of communication and stakeholder interaction
- Identify new trends or opportunities around which communication can be designed
- Research and staying up to date on new / alternative communication technologies
Contract basis – minimum 6 months
Salary – market related