Purpose of the Function:
To set the strategic direction for as well as manage the implementation of research-based Skills Development Programmes and delivering Continuous Development Programmes to keep members abreast of new developments in the industry; grow the Education and Training Department, in collaboration with ETR Board member, to coordinate research activities for Company.
- Diploma or degree in media, communications, public relations or similar.
- Registration with PRISA highly advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 4-5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Previous experience mentoring and training subordinates in a culturally diverse environment.
- Only candidates residing in South Africa with South African citizenship will be considered.
Research & Development:
- Create a research hub for the industry
- Source information from partners and stakeholders
- Develop opinion papers and thought-leadership publications quarterly
- Formulate programmes in support of the dissemination of these publications (e.g. workshops, further publications, discussion groups)
- Develop a standard set of Continuous Development Programmes and Skills programmes for repetitive delivery on an annual calendar
Continuous and Skills Development Programmes:
- Assess current programmes and develop research
- Develop new programmes
- Keep current programmes updated
- Design and implement a mentorship programme
- Identify opportunities for learnership and internship programmes
- Initiate constant improvement of programmes
- Conduct quarterly uploads to the SAQA National Learner Database
- Implementation and evaluation of the CPD programmes
- Facilitation skills – to be the back-up lecturer and speaker when required
- Initiate and manage regional activities, calendars and budgets
- Manage committee projects and events and evaluate impact (PRCC, Accreditation, etc.)
- Create a library for online publication accessible to members only
- Initiate and manage all annual Company events with the Stakeholder specialist
- Manage the process flow of all the programmes (plan, design and implement)
- Develop and manage all the marketing and publicity of programmes
- Manage the team and their work processes
- Manage all projects (Awards, National conference, National, Regional and all committee AGM’s) with Stakeholder specialist
- Manage all Internship programmes within Company and for the industry
- Manage all learnership applications and roll out a learnership programme,
- Manage all Regional education, training and research activities
- Compile and manage departmental and regional budgets
- Manage the CPD and Skills Development functions
- Conduct regular performance reviews and implement associate individual development
- Assist with initiative to increase staff morale
- Participate in management and stakeholder relations meetings
- Conduct regular statistical analysis and report on a regular basis
- Assist with all other activities as required
Salary – market related