By Nkhensani Moyane, Senior Client Service Manager- Glasshouse Communication
It’s that time of the year again when the ‘Oscars’ of the PR industry are taking place and for many this event has been a great platform for companies in the public relations communication field.
This year PRISA reintroduced the “Student Campaign of the Year” category and I had the pleasure of being part of the judging panel.
The student campaigns were few but brought life to the category, with each entry giving a clear indication that the future of our industry is continuously growing and inspiring to public relations students.
Besides the great stories that the campaigns told there are crucial pointers that each future entrant needs to follow:
- Present your campaign like you are telling a story.
- Make sure that your entry is easy to read.
- Ensure that the spelling and grammar is at the highest level possible.
- Start your entry at least six months before the deadline so you have enough time to add, update and change as you go along.
- Use images because they put a “face” to the campaign.
- Ask your client or lecturer for a testimonial.
I would also like to commend the 2016 entrants for being brave enough to enter such a prestigious competition.
For 2017, we look forward to seeing more ground-breaking student entries that will challenge the judges